EDSTAR Analytics, Inc. conducts 3.5 hour professional development (PD) sessions for principals and administrators, for teachers, and for school counseling staff to help them learn to make data actionable in a big-picture context. Data are shown to be an integral component of a process that includes being informed by research, knowing relevant local and state policies, and identifying high quality resources for support. Each issue is structured using the EDSTAR Analytics Radial ™ with online supporting resources.
Alignment and Context
With our Professional Development sessions we provide interactive easy-to-use tools to help educators connect the dots between data and action. We also help them document the actions with:
- NC Professional Teaching Standards
- Guidance Essential Standards
Each 3.5 hour workshop for up to 30 participants is $1,000. Accounts in the online planning toolkits for use during the school year are $500 unlimited use for all staff in a school.
For each issue, a Planning Radial™ is used to help participants identify the relevant component pieces. Activities familiarize participants with these components. We are able to address any of these following issues:
- Increasing graduation rates, lowering dropouts;
- Preparing more students to be college ready;
- Increasing the number of students prepared to pursue STEM educations and careers;
- Raising achievement and closing gaps;
- Using formative assessment data to move all students toward the same learning goals,
- Implementing the ASCA National Model
- Family Involvement
All of the resources are concrete and actionable.